Apply for PE Licensure by Endorsement
Illinois grants licensure by Endorsement to professional engineers licensed in other states if the licensure process in that state was substantially equivalent to the process in Illinois at the time of licensure.
Applicants will use the forms for Professional Engineer by Endorsement.
The forms can be a bit confusion. Pages 3-6 of the PDF serve as instructions for completing the actual application found on pages 17-20 of the PDF. Pages 9-10 sums up the the requirements for Licensure - Endorsement of License. Important items on the Actual Application:
- Part I A1. Profession Name = Professional Engineer. 2. Profession Code = 062 3. Licensure Method = Endorsement of License. 4. Fee = $100.
- You must answer the rest of Part I, Part II, and Part III. (Even if submitting a copy of your NCEES record, you MUST fill this out.)
- Part IV = List all licenses you may have.
- Part V = This should at minimum include the FE and PE exams, and any other attempts prior to the successful passage.
- Part VI = Required
- Part VII = You can skip - You have already completed the exam.
- Parts VIII & IX = Required.
You must also have a copy of your NCEES record sent directly to the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation OR complete and submit all of the other items outlined on page 10.
Foreign educated applicants must also submit a course by course evaluation report of their foreign education credentials, and TOEFL-iBT (details outlined on page 4 of the PDF).
If your firm is coming to do work in Illinois, please continue to steps 2 & 3.